The Streets Alive event site is part of an overall effort to engage people to help make cities safer and healthier. The purpose of the site is to help people communicate and to share experiences and knowledge about what is happening in cities during the Streets Alive event held around San Mateo County.
It is a platform to share what cities are doing to participate in Streets Alive on April 11, 2010 with the goal of working collaboratively with all partners and sponsors, and engage participants in the 'open streets' movement.
Actions that are contrary to this principle will not be accepted.
- The purpose of the site is to help people communicate and share experiences, information and knowledge on making cities safer and healthier. Topics should be related to health in an urban context. It should not be used for activities that are not related to this objective.
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications to users (such as spam, but also postings that clearly advertise a product).
- You will not collect users' information, or otherwise access the site, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use the Streets Alive site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
Protecting Other People's Rights
- You must own, or be affiliated with content uploaded to the site, e.g. author, owner or rights holder.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on the site.
- You will honestly and accurately inform users of the organizations and entities with which you are affiliated.
- Streets Alive is not responsible for how the content is used outside the Streets Alive site
Termination of use
If you violate the letter or spirit of these rights and responsibilities, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for Streets Alive you will be denied access to the site and an attempt will be made to notify you, but the site has no obligation to do so.
- The Streets Alive site will not share contact information with other users. Disclosure remains the responsibility of individual users.
- When you give Streets Alive personal information, steps are taken to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while many efforts are taken to protect your personal information, the site cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, your personal information, or the practices of the site please contact